This is great news at CSG Direct Mail! We have been working with 2-D QR barcodes for a while now! These mobile QR barcodes are two-dimensional and can be read by your iPhone, iPad2, iPod touch, Android and other smart phones. When your smart phone scans these barcodes an infinite amount of actions can occur. It can be a business card, a link to a website, a shopping cart, a winning promotion, fact sheet, etc. The list is endless.
Have a smartphone with you now? Get it out and scan the barcode above. We recommend Scanlife as your barcode reader.
The Mobile Barcode Promotion was designed to build awareness of mobile barcodes and demonstrate to mailers how mobile barcodes can increase the value of mail, while “blurring” the lines between online and offline marketing.
How does the Program work?
The Mobile Barcode Promotion runs July 1, 2011 through August 31, 2011, providing business mailers with an upfront 3% discount on Standard Mail and First-Class Mail® letters and flats that include a mobile barcode.
The following rules apply:
1) Mobile barcode must be two-dimensional and readable by a mobile smartphone. One dimensional barcodes do NOT qualify.
2) Mailing documentation must be submitted electronically and postage must be paid using a Permit Imprint. Current electronic submission methods include: Mail.XML, Mail.dat and Postal Wizard.
3) Participating mailers will be required to affirmatively claim this promotion in electronic postage statement submissions, certifying each mailpiece contains a mobile barcode either within contents of mailpiece or on outside of mailpiece.
4) All mailpieces in a mailing statement must contain a mobile barcode.
5) With the exception of IMB full service discount, only one incentive per mailing will apply. Yes, there are other discounts too.
6) Mobile barcode must be used for marketing and advertising purposes. Mailpieces containing mobile barcode that convey information about the postage value, destination, sender and machine serial number for security do not qualify.
7) Mailings claiming non-profit prices are ineligible for the discount. : (
Don’t forget, at CSG Direct your 2-D Barcodes can be variable content too! Like always, we are here to help you get the most from these programs. Need a quick quote?
For additional information, go to 2011 Mobile Barcode Promotion